Thursday, May 21, 2009

Today's the Day

*deep breaths*

It's semi-aggravating explaining every single time that I'm going to Iran that no, I will not get murdered or thrown in prison. No, no one will beat me. No, there won't be bombs going off when I get there.

People have such strange misconceptions about places they don't know.

On a slightly happier note,
I'm ready for adventure. I'm ready to see my extended family. I'm ready for something (semi)fresh.

I'll miss you all! Here's hoping for a blog update by Sunday or Monday at the latest. Hopefully I'll have internet access set up by then and can alert you all to my survival.

Goodbye American TV, pop culture, music, facebook, TFLN, FML, and last but not least, [plans].

&hugs,
Mona

3 comments:

  1. Travel safely, and have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear about all your crazy adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I said I was going to Turkey, it was suggested that I would get attacked by a warlord with a spear. People are kind of dumb. have an awesome time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, certainly do say goodbye to Facebook.

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8065578.stm

    ReplyDelete